Winnipeg is Canada's Newest Convention Centre
RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg
RBC Convention Centre
The RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg will soon by undergoing a major expansion as construction gets underway in 2014 to grow the 164,000 sq. ft. space to 264,000 sq. ft.
The $180 million dollar upgrade will include:
- a 24,000 sq. ft. main floor ballroom;
- a 22,400 sq. ft. main floor public lobby, concourse and registration area;
- and an additional 57,500 sq. ft. third floor exhibit space that will connect to the existing building creating a new contiguous 135,500 sq. ft. of exhibition space that can accommodate over 650 exhibit booths.
One of the major highlights of the centre will be the stunning City Room, which will bridge York Avenue and will feature floor to ceiling windows to let in sunlight during the day and the glow of the city in the evenings. The 46,000 sq. ft. space will accommodate 2,800 people for sit-down dinners or 217 tradeshow booths. At street level underneath, York Avenue will serve as an outdoor, weather-protected gathering place.
(download PDF version of general information sheet)
- Located in the heart of the city
- 15-minute drive from the airport
- Within walking distance of 2,500 hotel rooms
- 160,000 sq. ft. of meeting and exhibition space over three floors
- 1st floor level: 21,600 sq. ft. (2,006 sq. m.) of meeting space, can be divided into as many as 13 separate rooms varying in size from 600 sq. ft. (55 sq. m.) to 3,350 sq. ft. (311 sq. m.). Separate adjoining rooms and registration areas, VIP Salon, Executive Conference Centre (videoconferencing)
- 2nd floor level: 19,200 sq. ft. (1,783 sq. m.) of newly renovated meeting space, Cecil Richards Boardroom, Millennium Suite, Pan Am Room, Presentation Theatre, Family Lounge/Mother’s Baby Room Facility plus a climate-controlled skywalk connecting to Manitoba’s largest hotel
- 3rd floor level: 78,000 sq. ft. (7,249 sq. m.) of pillarless exhibition space that can be divided into separate 28,000 and 50,000 square foot (2,602 and 4,647 sq. m.) areas, with utility services provided via floor ports
- Award winning culinary team
- Banquet services for groups from 5 to 5,000
- High-speed Internet, telephone/data, teleconference and videoconference services, and a full range of utility services provided directly by the Centre
- Peace of mind for your event with all details handled by our Professional Event Coordinators
- 2007 M&IT Readers choice award for Best Meeting Facility and Service Excellence in Central Canada
Go Green certified by the Building Owners and Managers Association in recognition of responsible environmental practices in building operations. The program honours buildings that are committed to “best practices” in waste reduction and recycling, interior environment, building materials and resource consumption.
To view and download floor plans, please click on the links below: