Resources for Event Professionals
Tourism Winnipeg understands planners and industry professionals have questions and need assistance as we navigate through these unprecedented times.
The Province of Manitoba has adopted a colour coded response system as part of the Restart Manitoba Pandemic Response System. For up to date testing rate, case count and transmission levels, visit here.
If you require support to cancel or postpone your event due to COVID-19, our team is here to help you.
What we know:
- For more information on the number of active cases of COVID-19 identified in Winnipeg, Manitoba, go to Manitoba Government
Fully vaccinated (two doses) individuals can now travel within Canada without being required to self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival back in the province. 14 days of self-isolation is still required for people returning or coming to Manitoba from all jurisdictions if they have received one or no vaccine doses
- Canada's borders have opened to any fully vaccinated travellers who have completed the full course of vaccination with a Government of Canada-accepted vaccine at least 14 days prior to entering Canada and who meet specific entry requirements.
- Subject to limited exceptions, all travellers must use ArriveCAN (app or web portal) to submit their travel information.
- Canadians are still being advised to avoid all non-essential travel outside Canada.
What are we doing to be part of the solution?
Tourism Winnipeg is closely monitoring updates and advice from provincial, federal and international organizations that are actively monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19 including:
- City of Winnipeg
- Manitoba Government
- Government of Canada
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
We are developing a resource to support you in planning future in-person events, when the time is right. We look forward to working alongside you to envision and plan your future meeting in Winnipeg.
Best travel industry resources for advice and updates
FAQ: Event Professionals
What are the current restrictions in Manitoba?
For up to date restrictions, testing rate, case count and transmission levels, visit the Province of Manitoba page here.
Are venues and hotels taking RFPs?
Yes, our partners are accepting RFPs and can be distributed through our team.
What is the turnaround time for RFPs?
We ask for a 1-2 week turnaround on RFPs, given reduced teams and capacity.
When do you anticipate large gatherings to resume?
Large gatherings are included as part of the ReStart Manitoba Pandemic Response System. Gatherings at the Restricted Level are as follows:
- 50 people maximum are permitted at an indoor public places, or 50 per cent of capacity, whichever is greater.
- 500 people maximum are permitted in outdoor public spaces (after September 7, 2021).
if the outdoor venue has a capacity limit, the allowed capacity is 50 per cent or 150 people, whichever is greater.
What are the protocols put in place by the RBC Convention Centre?
Are venues offering hybrid solutions?
The RBC Convention Centre has partnered with Encore Canada who has transformed their Millennium Suite into a state-of-the-art facility ready to host a variety of online events. Learn more here.
What should I tell clients who are concerned about the virus and are considering cancelling an upcoming conference in your city?
- As every contract is different, it is best to first speak with your event planner or venue to explore your options.
- Our team is here to support you in finding the best solution and address your concerns.
Tourism Winnipeg is also working closely with the hospitality and tourism industry to determine if any new developments may affect meetings and conventions in Winnipeg. Industry stakeholders can find more information here.