Fort Gibraltar History Tours
Originally built at the confluence of the Red River and Assiniboine River in 1809-1810, Fort Gibraltar was a North West Company trading post. The Fort played a crucial role in the development of the Red River Colony and in the conflict between the North West Company and the Hudson’s Bay Company.
Fort Gibraltar is a historical site featuring colorful characters living to the beat of 1815, located 5 minutes from downtown Winnipeg.
Guided tours by costumed interpretors with interactive activities are offered for private groups and last approximately 2 hours.
Free parking is available on site.