Lower Fort Garry National Historic Site of Canada
5925 Highway 9
St. Andrews, MB R1A 4A8
Toll free: 1-888-773-8888
Let Lower Fort Garry help you create unique memories
- 15 minutes north of Winnipeg on Highway 9
- A perfect getaway on the banks of the Red River
About Lower Fort Garry:
- Experience the ring of a hammer against metal, the aroma of bannock drifting from an Indigenous campfire or the feel of gnarled fur on a bison hide. With the help of the skilled costumed interpreters at this restored 19th-century Hudson’s Bay Company fort, history unfolds right before your eyes. Special programming is available on request.
- This site evokes the spirit of 175 years of history and an array of firsts – the making of the first numbered treaty between the Saulteaux, Swampy Cree and the Crown; the first training centre in western Canada for the North-West Mounted Police; Manitoba’s first prison and asylum; the first successful industrial area and commercial farm in the Red River settlement.
- Our modern meeting/banquet room (capacity 100) is the perfect place for meetings and small banquets. Complete with wireless Internet, LCD projector and screen, video capabilities and energy-efficient light tubes for natural lighting, it has everything for a successful event. The attached solar patio is ideal for a short break.
- Our well-equipped theatre (capacity 138) includes a sound system, DVD player/VCR, podium and stage, and computer hookup. On-site catering is available.
- If your event demands the uniqueness only our historic grounds can offer, host it right on the historic site. We can accommodate 30 to 50 people per building, or rent a tent for more space.