This holiday season and beyond, we send you our warmest wishes to you and your family for health and happiness. We thank you, our valued partners and clients, for your patience and perseverance during another challenging year.
We can see hope shining brighter as vaccination rates continue to rise. These last two years have illustrated how our clients, partners and industry are so resilient and innovative as we have leaned into technology to support our meeting needs and established protocols to meet safely in person.
At Tourism Winnipeg, we are appreciative of our many partners and industry colleagues at ASAE, CSAE, Destination Canada Business Events, Hybrid City Alliance, ICCA, SFA Connect, Meetings Mean Business, PCMA to name a few. You can find our team next at Tête-à-Tête and MPI The EVENT in April 2022.
Our 2021 highlights:
- The world-class Qaumajuq Inuit art centre opened at the Winnipeg Art Gallery. This stunning space is also a unique off-site to host your next event in Winnipeg.
- The outdoor Gardens at The Leaf opened in July, with the indoor portion sent to open in late 2022. Here, there are multiple gardens with plenty of outdoor space to meet and explore.
- Winnipeg was named the “Most Intelligent Community” in 2021 by the Intelligent Community Forum, beating out contenders in Australia, Brazil, Russia and Vietnam.
- Tourism Winnipeg presents: The Story Meeting, our latest full-length video promoting our meetings and conventions offerings. Watch here.
- Winnipeg was named by TIME one of the World’s Greatest Places 2021 thanks to the opening of Qaumajuq and its vibrant arts scene.
Until we have a chance to cheers again in person, here’s a little holiday drink recipe from local distillery Patent 5 Distillery to enjoy at home this season:
- 2oz Manitoba Berry Gin (or your favourite local gin)
- 1oz fresh lemon juice
- 0.75oz simple syrup
- Soda water
Combine the first three ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake hard for 15 seconds and strain into a tall, ice-filled glass. Top with soda water and serve with a straw. Garnish with a lemon wheel.
Patent 5 Distillery | 108 Alexander Avenue, Winnipeg, MB
From our team to yours,
Happy holidays and new year!